Twitter has become one of the most effective marketing tools in the world. It’s an easy marketing tool that lets you influence people’s lives, careers, and daily life events. And it’s an absolutely free!
Now, let’s talk about how you can add more Twitter followers for your business:
· It’s all about relationships: People who care about what you say will retweet or re-post your comments and share with others. Build your network by following people who follow the influential people you know. The importance of building relationships can’t be overstated.
· Follow your followers: Following people back creates quality followers, increases the volume of your followers, gives you leverage and more traffic.
· Give educational tips: If you have a good business tip – share it with people. If your blog is about educating your clients and helping them, link to it.
· Update your profile description: Make sure your profile is enjoyable and easy to read. It is not a resume. Keep the tone conversational.
· Keep it conversational: Like your profile, your Tweets need to be easy to read. Make sure the tone is relaxed and conversational.
· Use pictures: Pictures can increase the number of followers on Twitter. Pictures reassure people than there is a real person behind the Tweets. If you can’t use a picture of yourself insert a generic photo an avatar or your company logo.
· Respond quickly: Reply to people as soon as possible if they’ve said something to you. This is critical if they are not yet a follower. Follow them back. Establish rapport quickly. Pass on something valuable for them to and/or think about.
· Be yourself: Don’t create new life on Twitter. Just be yourself.
· Give compliments freely: Do not forget the power of a simple and sincere praise or compliment. Everybody loves to receive a compliment. So pass them on.
· Questions and more questions: People love questions. Ask them and start a conversation. Create dialogs and make sure you reply back when your followers answer. It just shows common courtesy – always the best policy on Twitter.
· Invite existing friends, followers and connection: Invite friends from other social networks. For example, invite your connections from LinkedIn to follow you on Twitter. It’s very simple to do and they’ll probably love it.
· Retweet: Be sure to retweet or re-post what others say if you like it. (Hint: if you don’t know the person or company well, read their profile before retweeting.)
· Links within your Twitter posts: Send all traffic to your blog, website, or landing pages announcing your new book, speaking engagements, or other special offers. Your followers will want to know what you’re working on.
· Link to Twitter: Do not forget include links to Twitter on your blogs, your other social networks, your press releases, articles and other publicity platforms.
Twitter allows everyone the opportunity to voice their opinion and share important (and not so important) news. When used correctly Twitter can be turned into a publicity powerhouse.