Social Media Strategy Can Boost Local SEOBruce Shely
Your Company Needs a Social Media Strategy
User-generated content on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn are now a required element of a comprehensive location-based search program. It’s now just a matter of developing the right social media strategy that will give your marketing efforts the greatest possible impact.
Selecting the right social media strategy allows you to:
- Communicate directly with your customers and prospects
- Create engaging discussion topics
- Go viral with your marketing
- Boost your online brand-awareness
- Organically propel your business to the top of local search results
The speed at which the social media landscape is evolving can make social media sites confusing places for most marketers. Here are a few basic tips that can help your company achieve your marketing goals with a social media strategy:
1. Build a fan base on Facebook. Nearly 50% of Facebook users follow a specific brand. Most will eventually purchase that brand. Facebook “Likes” have the potential to spread your brand awareness virally, delivering information to your fans and everyone befriended by your fans.
2. Tweet to keep in direct touch with your customers. One in every four Twitter users follows a specific brand. Nearly 70% percent of them will end up purchasing that brand. Use your Twitter account to engage consumers by providing them with helpful information about your products and services. Incorporatr special offers, videos, and/or images to your Twitter followers.
3. Encourage customers to rate and review your business. Consumers love online reviews because it allows them to see what others think about your business before making a purchasing decision. Reviews on social media sites improve your search engine rankings by helping drive free web traffic.
4. Leverage YouTube in local search results. Embed your videos in Google Place Pages, websites, and social profile pages. Videos showcase your products and services, while putting a human face on your business.
5. Give customers incentives to share your information online. “Share and Receive a Reward” programs encourage consumers to share your offers with their friends via Facebook, Twitter and other web channels. In exchange, offer discounts, special prizes or rewards.
6. Pinterest gets a huge amount of referral traffic. Your content must be visually “Pin-Worthy” in order for this social media portal to be effective for you.
Creating an effective social media strategy marketing will make it easier for your customers to find your business. It also makes it easy for your customers to spread the word about you online. The result can greatly amplify your web marketing results, generate calls, and boost your long-term brand awareness.