Five Organic Search Engine Optimization Practices That Improve Local Rankingsteamabode
The main objective of local Search Engine Optimization is to help your website achieve the highest placement possible on organic Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs). The fact is that as overwhelming majority click throughs from results pages are from the top ten results or, in other words, from the first page of search results. As a result, the higher the search engine rankings of your website, the higher the click through rate.
Here are five simple and effective practices that will help you achieve higher organic search results and improve your click through rate:
- Implement a web keyword strategy. An effective keyword strategy will help you determine which keywords visitors used to find your site and make a purchase. You’ll find that the most effective keywords are often long tail keywords – specific key phrases that are four or more words long that buyers tend to search when they’re close to a purchasing decision.
- Optimize your website’s Meta tags. Match Title elements to your page content and place a keyword on each individual page Title. Remember there are usually character count limits in the Title element, Description and Keyword Meta tags, and Alt attributes. The Title tag is one of the most important places to have a keyword. A keyword in the Title tag is the text that shows in the search results as your webpage title.
- Create quality content that can be seen by search engine. Carefully crafted quality content establishes you as an authority in your field. Avoid programs like Flash or creating content in Photoshop or Acrobat that should be in HTML.
- Create a sitemap. And submit it to the major search engines — Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc. Sitemaps facilitate a search engine’s indexing as well as the frequency of indexing.
- Create a listing on Google Places. Consumers search for local businesses online. Google Places is a free local platform from Google. You can add photos, videos, highlight special promotions, post live updates, and respond to reviews. It will also tell you what keywords your customers are searching with and where they’re coming from.