5 Elements of a Successful Mobile Marketing Campaignteamabode
Mobile marketing allows you to communicate and engage your audience interactively through any mobile device or network such as smart phones or other hand held devices with web access. All effective mobile marketing campaigns complement and are an extension of the company’s overall marketing strategy. When planning your mobile marketing campaign, you’ll want to make sure your campaign has certain elements.
- Convenient: Make sure your website is easy for customers to browse on their mobile devices. Users don’t want to pinch, zoom or scroll all over your website.
- Geographically targeted: Most mobile searches now have local intent. All new smart phones come with GPS capabilities. This allows your customers’ phones to send their location information. And this allows you to announce offers that can be used only in your specific geographic location.
- Integrated: Successful mobile campaigns tie into your company’s overall marketing plan. Make sure all your offers are announced and promoted everywhere that you live online: your website, newsletter, Facebook, Twitter, blogs, etc.
- Timely: Mobile marketing lets you engage your customers as soon as an issue comes up. For example, if you own a restaurant and it’s a slow night, send a text message to your customers offering a special or discount. Text messages have a 95% open rate, making them an especially powerful marketing tool.
- Customer involvement: Get your customers involved. It will dramatically increase results. Promotions such as giveaways, polls and contests have all been widely used successfully to build customer lists. Ask customers to text in their vote, enter a drawing, or come up with the best caption for a photo for a chance to win an iPad. Or encourage people to opt-in to your offer by giving give them an exclusive offer. For example, “Text FREE to 1234567 for a free cup of coffee.”