Mobile marketing allows you to communicate with and engage your audience in an interactive and relevant manner through any mobile device or network, including any hand held device with web access. Effective mobile marketing strategy campaigns should complement and be an extension of your overall marketing strategy.
Here are seven key elements you’ll want to include in your mobile marketing campaign to ensure success:
- Convenient: Make sure that it’s easy for your customers to browse on their mobile devices. Users don’t want to pinch, zoom, and scroll all over your site.
- Targeted locally: More and more mobile searches have local intent. Virtually all new smart phones come with GPS. This makes it easy to gather a customer’s location information. Successful mobile marketing campaigns are local.
- Integrated: The most successful mobile marketing strategy campaigns tie into the overall marketing plan of the company. In other words, tell customers about promotions everywhere you live: your website, newsletter, Facebook, etc.
- Timely: Mobile marketing lets you engageyour customers as soon as something comes up. For example, if you own a pizza delivery restaurant and it’s a slow Friday night, send a text message to your customers offering a special or discount. Text messages have a 95% open rate, making them an especially powerful tool.
- Customer involvement: Getting your customers involved will dramatically increase results. Giveaways, polls and contests have all been used successfully to build customer lists. Offer customers the chance to win a prize by texting in a vote, or to entering a drawing, or supplying the best caption for a photo.
- Exclusive: Encourage people to opt-in to your special offer by giving them a good reason. Present them an exclusive offer. For example, “Text FREE to 1234567 for a free cup of coffee.”
- Permission: Successful mobile marketing campaigns always ask for permission. They’re transparent. And they tell users how they can be removed from the list.