Companies are no longer asking if they should be active in social media. They understand that user-generated content is a required element of a comprehensive location-based search program. It’s now just a question of developing the right social media strategy that will give you greatest impact. The right social media strategy will let you:
- Communicate directly with your customers
- Create engaging discussion topics
- Help your marketing go viral
- Boost your online brand-awareness
- Organically propel your business to the top of local search results
The evolving social media landscape can be a confusing place for marketers. However, here are some tips that will help you achieve those goals:
- Build a fan base on Facebook. Forty percent of Facebook users follow a specific brand. More than half of Facebook users eventually purchase that brand. Facebook ‘Likes’ spread brand awareness virally, delivering information to everyone befriended by your brand fans.
- Use Twitter to keep in touch with customers. One in every four Twitter users follows a specific brand, and 67 percent of them will end up purchasing that brand. Use your Twitter posts to engage consumers by providing them with helpful information about your products and services. Special offers are a great way to grab the attention of Twitter followers.
- Encourage customers to rate and review your business. Consumers love online reviews because they can see what others really think about you, and your product or service before making a purchasing decision. In addition, reviews on social media sites improve your search engine rankings and will drive free web traffic.
- Leverage YouTube in local search results. Embed videos in Google Place Pages, websites, and social profile pages. Videos showcase your products and services while putting a human face on your business.
- Give customers incentives to share information online. Branded “Share and Receive a Reward” programs can encourage consumers to share your offers with their friends via Facebook, Twitter and other web channels in exchange for discounts or special prizes.
Creating an effective social media marketing program, you make it easy for your customers to find you and your business and talk about it online. The result can be incredible and greatly amplify your web marketing results, generate calls and appointments and boost long-term brand awareness.